Strategic Book Publishing & Rights Agency Signs Groundbreaking eBook Deal With Taiwan
NEW YORK – Strategic Book Publishing & Rights Agency has announced the sale of over 500 of its eBook titles to the major library and mobile phone suppliers in Taiwan. The agreement makes the Strategic Book Group eBook catalogue available to one of the largest, growing global markets.
Strategic CEO Robert Fletcher said, “We do not know of a single other publisher that has landed a deal like this for their authors. The name of the game is global expansion and we are on the leading edge. Asia in particular is hungry for books in English. Next, we fully expect to sell our authors’ books inside China in the same style of contract.”
The sales group includes all of Strategic’s eBook authors, as well as book expo participating authors. The titles will be made available by the Taiwanese distributors to libraries, schools, mobile phone companies and numerous online retailers for purchase.
The companies distributing the books in Taiwan include:
• Far EastOne Telecommunications Company Limited (Mobile Telecom)
• Green Book Company Limited (eBook Platform Device)
• Hyweb Technology Company Limited (Library Ebook Provider – Public Company)
• Koobe Technology Company Limited (eBook Platform Device)
• Nuazure Innovative Technology Company Limited (iPhone, iPad Apps)
• Taiwan Mobile Company Limited (Mobile Telecom)
• UDN Company Limited (Digital content services – public company)
Strategic’s Expo & eBook Teams wrote the authors, saying “We are extremely proud of this accomplishment for our authors. You should feel great about seeing your book for sale in other countries and knowing that you are in a very elite group of authors on a worldwide scale.”
Strategic Book Group, a division of Publish On Demand Global, encourages all of its clients and authors throughout the world to participate in the company’s Foreign Rights Expo Outreach Program. The remaining three book expos for 2011 are in Beijing, Frankfurt and Guadalajara.